Although Dr Lane’s specialty is in sports medicine, he also routinely performs a number of orthopedic surgeries.
Canine cruciate ligament repairs are the single most common veterinary orthopedic surgery he performs.
Examples of Veterinary Orthopedic Surgery Procedures:
- Canine cruciate ligament repair – extracapsular, TTA or tightrope techniques
- Luxating patella correction
- Fracture repair – pins, wires, plates, screws, external fixators
- Cut, torn or avulsed tendons and/or ligaments
- Femoral Head osteotomies
- OCD repair
- Fusion of severely arthritic or unstable joints
- Tumour resections
Veterinary orthopedic surgery involves the repair of bones, tendons and ligaments. It requires special instruments and additional veterinary training.
Most orthopedic conditions, including cat or dog broken legs, canine cruciate ligament tears, dog hip dysplsia etc., have an excellent prognosis with surgical repair.